DMT essay

Digital Media Technology is the software packages and hardware used to create media. These packages allow you to create more with ease and have the same equipment used by professionals. My magazine conveys the idea of experimentation however the software is pre-packaged and therefore less creative. There is less hyper reality within our trailer as we were more creative and created a monster so the features are not realistic. To be able to create the parts we also had to communicate over social media networks creating an easier way of communication In my AS preliminary task I had access to the same camera I used at the end of the year for my final magazine. As I had not worked with it before I was unable to use the settings correctly. One skill that I did learn was how to use the rule of thirds using the grid that you can use on the display from the menu. Creatively this helped me guide shots so that they followed the conventions of a magazine. However, this can be argued to not be creative as I followed the guidelines of the magazine and not my own ideas – the work was specifically framed like an existing college magazine. In my music magazine, I used the internet to research other existing magazines within the genre I was creating – rock. This helped me create a better magazine as I could look at preexisting magazines and use the conventions I had developed an understanding of. Due to the many influences, this meant I could experiment with the different layouts and styles of conventions. On screen, this looked like the difference between my masthead and my boost at the bottom of the page as I used the same style font from NME for my masthead and the boost was influenced by kerrang. This shows that I was creative as I researched and then imitate the magazine styles. However, it can be argued as uncreative as it is copying the styles of other magazines. My post production skills have developed over the two years in post-production. In my first year, I was digitally edited the pictures of my artist. I did this by increasing the contrast, making the image brighter and colour balancing it. However, I over saturated the picture and the whole image came out tinged red. In my second-year magazine, I did not change the saturation but I have begun to use the layer tools and the video timeline to create titles for my trailer. This shows my development in creativity as I learned how to use other tools from the software I was using. Digital technology is creative as it allows you to create with ease. However this is not creative as the software comes pre-packaged. Additionally, digital technology allows you to take ideas from others and implement them into your own work. On the research, digital tech allows you to find what the most common aspect there is in the genre you are looking at and allows you to use that convention as a way to prove it is a magazine.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

how does representation theory apply to last years work?

media language theory essay 1

How does Narrative apply to the trailer? christmas holiday re-write